836 Pink Carnations in a Mason Jar, oil on board, 8x10
So instead of changing the vase I decided to leave out the turquoise cloth and just use the wall. It's a nice change. I focused on observing the actual shapes of color and painting them. I found the jar easier than the flowers. I had difficulty getting the darkest darks and lightest lights while not losing the saturation of the pinks. I used quinacridone magenta for the pinkiest petals but it didn't get as light and saturated as when I have used the same pigment in acrylics. I will have to do some research and experimentation on the matter.